LuK Dual Mass Flywheel
- Flyer LuK DMF. Convincing and without alternatives. - Rely on the original - not on solid flywheels
- Schaeffler Catalog for Light Commercial Vehicles
- Catalog LuK Transmission Systems Passenger Cars 201872019
- Self-Adjusting Clutch (SAC) - Technology and Special tool/User instructions
- LuK Reparaturlösung für Kupplungsmodule Audi - Technik, Spezialwerkzeug/Demontage und Montage
- LuK clutch course - Introduction to clutch technology for cars and LCVs
- Dual Mass Flywheel - Technology / Failure Diagnosis and Testing tool / User Instructions
- LuK 0043: LuK DMF 415 0388 10
- LuK 0080: Dual mass flywheel for clutch modules- Increased play in the bearing arrangement
- LuK 0023: Assembly note LuK DMF 415 0232 10 / 415 0442 10
- LuK 0056: How to grease clutch hubs
- LuK 0033: Dual mass flywheel - General handling notes
- LuK 0036: Visual differences in LuK DMF 415 0388 10
- LuK 0026: Assembly instructions for the LuK RepSet® Pro with LuK SAC and LuK DMF 415 0146 10
- LuK 0014: Assembly note LuK DMF 415 0059 10
- LuK 0021: Assembly instructions for DMF with transport fastener
- LuK 0022: Fitting instructions for DMF 415 0377 10
- LuK 0019: Fitting instructions for DMF 415 0231 10 and clutch RepSet 623 3092 00 and 623 3092 10
- LuK 0012: Bolts for dual mass flywheels (DMF) and compact DMF (DFC)
- LuK 0015: Assembly instructions DMF 415 0100 11
- LuK 0008: Chassis number classification on Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
- LuK 0010: Assembly instructions DMF 415 0250 10
Vibration damping in the drivetrain
Vibrations that occur in the drivetrain of a vehicle can be heard as low engine-speed rattle and droning. To counteract this, LuK developed the dual-mass flywheel and made it production-ready back in 1985. It reduces vibrations in the drivetrain and delivers smooth operation.
A conventional flywheel consists of a single rigid part. A DMF, on the other hand, consists of two masses mounted so they can rotate against each other.
Integrated into the DMF is a spring and damper systems that almost completely absorbs the torsional vibration from the engine.
This way, the DMF meets increasing demands from car owners for driving comfort.
- Reduces noise and vibration from the drivetrain
- Increases driving comfort by reducing load on crankshaft and transmission.
- Allows driving at low engine speeds, which reduces fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
- Long service life
- Best OE quality equal to mass-produced new vehicle