LuK Dual Mass Flywheel for vehicles with Double Clutches
- Schaeffler Catalog for Light Commercial Vehicles
- Catalog LuK Transmission Systems Passenger Cars 2018/2019
- Technical Brochure LuK Repair Solution for Clutch Modules Audi - Technology, Special Tool, removal and Installation
- Technical Brochure LuK clutch course - Introduction to clutch technology for cars and LCVs
- Technical Brochure Dual Mass Flywheel
Vibration damping in the drivetrain means driving comfort
Use of a dual-mass flywheel (DMF) is a necessary requirement for many modern vehicles, which are developed to deliver optimized fuel consumption and lower vibration.
Vehicles with double-clutch transmissions are also equipped with a DMF, but the architecture here is somewhat different than the DMF of a normal manual gearbox. Exactly like the DMF of a conventional manual transmission, there is a primary and secondary side. However, the secondary centrifugal mass is here undertaken by the weight of the double clutch.
Caution – DMF functionality cannot be tested using the DMF on-car tool after it has been installed. A visual test for leaking grease, loose balancing weights etc. is possible.
Did you know – besides the DMF for dry double clutches, Schaeffler Automotive Aftermarket also has a DMF for the wet double-clutch systems used by VW, Audi, BMW and Porsche in its portfolio.
- Reduces noise and vibration from the drivetrain
- Increases driving comfort by reducing load on crankshaft and transmission
- Allows driving at low engines speeds, which reduces fuel consumption, CO2 emissions
- Long service life
- Best OE quality equal to mass-produced new vehicle